Saturday, March 31, 2012

100


100 days. Only 14 weeks. Just 2400 hours. 8640000 seconds, that's how much time is left until I'm on my flight back to the United States. It's gone by so quickly. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I've been living in France for 7 months already, because it already seems so familiar and normal, the fact is, this has become my life, my "norm" and to leave it again seems just as strange as when I left Minnesota in August. I don't think I'm aware of how much my exchange year has already changed me, but I know it's made me grow in ways that I can't even imagine. I've had a lot of people ask me why I'd want to leave my home for one whole year and my response was usually something like why not? There are so many incredible opportunities and things to see and do during our lifetime so my response really should be how can you not? The current average life expectancy is 78 years, I'm only taking less than 1/78 of those years for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so when put in perspective my one whole year in France doesn't seem like that much and well worth the ten months out of my comfort zone.


I can't imagine saying goodbye to you guys.


Only 3 months left I'd better make them count!